from tvb.simulator.lab import * ERROR

Marta Arbizu Gomez

Feb 27, 2023, 3:53:42 AM2/27/23
to TVB Users
Dear TVB users,

I am new to TVB and trying to follow the tutorials available on the webpage. Lately I had been facing some problems with the kernel of python, so I decided to uninstall it and reinstall it in order to solve it. After doing it, I downloaded the tvb package running pip install tvb. Now whenever I run from tvb.simulator.lab import * and error pops out: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'core'

Does anyone know how to solve it? Thank you very much in advanced.

Marta

P.S. I am using macOS.Captura de pantalla 2023-02-27 a las 9.34.38.png
Message has been deleted

Lia Domide

Feb 27, 2023, 2:44:24 PM2/27/23
to TVB Users
Hi Marta,

you should install from pypi package tvb-library. Pls try:

pip uninstall tvb
pip install -U tvb-library

Best,
Lia

Message has been deleted

Marta Arbizu Gomez

Feb 28, 2023, 2:26:13 AM2/28/23
to TVB Users
Hello Lia,

First of all, than you for your quick response, it was really helpful.

I tried what you said and this is what I get:

Captura de pantalla 2023-02-28 a las 8.17.55.png
Regards,
Marta
Message has been deleted

Lia Domide

Feb 28, 2023, 3:56:51 AM2/28/23
to TVB Users
Hi Marta,

It seems to have worked - the import.
The remaining warning that you see can be ignored, or you can try to fix it by:

pip install tvb-gdist
or
conda install -c conda-forge tvb-gdist

Best,