ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'tvb_data'

canthony....@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2021, 12:40:32 PM8/23/21
to TVB Users
Hi all,

I am trying to set up a new installation of TVB on a Linux computational cluster but have been having some difficulties.

I have an Anaconda environment set up, and I installed the tvb-library via GitHub (i.e., "pip install tvb-library").

However, when I try to run some code that I have been able to use on a local installation, I receive the error below. It doesn't seem to be able to find the tvb_data directory.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to solve this?

Thank you,
Charles

tvb_error.PNG

NeuroLife

Aug 23, 2021, 12:55:00 PM8/23/21
to TVB Users
Hi,

I might be mistaken, but I think that tvb_data is not included in the library and has to be installed separately. I remember installing it through pip (i.e.,  "pip install tvb-data" ), however it has been deprecated. Maybe the TVB repository on github has more information on how to install it.

Hope this helps.
Dominic Boutet

Julie Courtiol

Aug 23, 2021, 2:26:40 PM8/23/21
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Charles,

You can find the tvb-data folder to download at the following link:

and execute
python setup.py install

Best,
Julie