Cerebellum inclusion in TVB

MICHELANGELO FABBRIZZI

Jun 19, 2022, 2:16:06 AM6/19/22
to TVB Users
Dear TVB Experts,

I am posting to understand if (and eventually how) it could be possible to include the cerebellum in the TVB Whole Brain simulation; if not now, is there any planned release date in the short/medium term?
I would be grateful if you could guide me through the correct process.

Greatly appreciated, thanks, regards,

Michelangelo

Petra Ritter

Jun 19, 2022, 11:07:18 AM6/19/22
to TVB Users

Dear Michelangelo,

together with Egidio D’Angelo’s team we are working on a multiscale cerebellum-TVB model.

A preliminary publication can be found here:

The importance of Cerebellar Connectivity on Simulated Brain Dynamics

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32848628/

We are presently using a multiscale co-simulation approach described here and available as The Virtual Brain Cloud service on EBRAINS:

Brain simulation as a cloud service: The Virtual Brain on EBRAINS

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1053811922001021

https://ebrains.eu/service/the-virtual-brain/

The new multiscale co-simulation technology has been demonstrated in the following recent publication where we plugged a spiking network of a basal ganglia – thalamus circuit into a mean field brain network model and run co-simulations during various kinds of in silico deep brain stimulation:

Virtual deep brain stimulation: Multiscale co-simulation of a spiking basal ganglia model and a whole-brain mean-field model with The Virtual Brain:

https://doi.org/10.1016/j.expneurol.2022.114111

The work is planned to be presented at the Bernstein Conference in September:

https://bernstein-network.de/bernstein-conference/

I hope this helps.

Best,

Petra

--

Petra Ritter

BIH Johanna Quandt Professor for Brain Simulation

Director, Brain Simulation Section

Berlin Institute of Health & Dept. of Neurology

Charité University Hospital Berlin

Robert—Koch Platz 4

10115 Berlin

TVB-Cloud Project Coordinator

Health Data Cloud Project Coordinator

Virtual Research Environment Project Coordinator

NFDI-Neuro Spokesperson

eBRAIN-Health Project Coordinator