about expanding range of long-range coupling factor α

Wayne Wong

Sep 28, 2021, 11:54:02 AM9/28/21
to TVB Users
Hi everyone,

I just a super easy question: I am using tvb 2.3 now and it looks like the web gui is a little different than before.. In the long-range coupling part, I used to be able to expand range of the α, to do parameter exploration. However, the expand range button is disappeared now.. How should I do to expand range this parameter α now?

Thank you!

Screenshot 2021-09-28 105322.png

Popa Paula

Sep 28, 2021, 3:07:39 PM9/28/21
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Indeed, the UI has some changes in TVB 2, but setting up the parameter space exploration is still possible. I am adding some relevant screenshots below.
Basically, you need to configure the whole simulation, and at the end you will have the option to either launch it or setup a PSE via buttons. Here, click “Setup PSE” button.

The next fragment is displayed and here you are asked to choose the parameters you want to expand (maximum 2 parameters can be used). For expanding the α parameter of coupling choose: “Coupling.A” and click “Next".

And in the final fragment you can define the range. Once you fill in these values, you will get a message informing you how many operations will run within this PSE. Finally, click “Launch PSE” to run this configuration.

Hope this is informative enough, let us know in case we can help further.
Also, we value feedback from users, so if please feel free to share your thoughts/suggestions on these GUI changes.

Best,
Paula

<Screenshot 2021-09-28 105322.png>

Wayne Wong

Sep 28, 2021, 9:43:27 PM9/28/21
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Paula! It is a perfectly clear description! I have no problem now! I guess my only thought about it is that we should update the documentation and make it clear about how to do parameter exploration~ I will let you know if I have other questions!

Best Regards,

Yile