Difference between local connectivity , short-range connectivity and long-range connectivity

JIAQI ZHANG

Sep 12, 2021, 11:09:05 AM9/12/21
to TVB Users

hi! I have a question about the definition of connectivity.

Are these explanation right or wrong?

1、local connectivity: connectivity between vertex on triangles of surface
2、short-range connectivity: connectivity between neural mass, i.e. E-E, I-I, E-I, I-E
3、long-range connectivity: connectivity between regions of brain, i.e. white fibers

I know it may be a easy and basic question but I'm really puzzled! Sorry to be a bothor!

Julie Courtiol

Sep 12, 2021, 12:41:24 PM9/12/21
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As mentioned in my previous email, I suggest you to read the paper of Sanz-Leon et al. 2015, where you can find all the necessary definitions and information for large-scale brain network modeling using TVB!

In TVB, you can find two types of connectivity to build a brain avatar:
  1. global or long-range connectivity: connection between brain regions
  2. local or short-range connectivity: connection between vertices
The connection between two neural masses of a neural mass model is called intrinsic or internal connection.
---
Best regards,

Julie Courtiol

JIAQI ZHANG