Cannot register on Tvb

Priya Yadav

Jan 6, 2024, 1:42:24 AMJan 6
to TVB Users
hey there ,
I am Priya Yadav , a sophomore pursuing computer science and engineering .
I am trying to register to tvb but it says -We are very sorry, but we could not create your user. Most probably is because it was impossible to sent emails. Please try again later...Also , when I try to log in using admin/pass , it says-Wrong username/password, or user not yet validated...I can't seem to figure out what is going wrong .I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out .
Thanks.Priya

Lia Domide

Jan 8, 2024, 5:24:26 AMJan 8
to TVB Users
Hi Priya,

Thank you for your test.

Please have a look here, to understand about tvb accounts: https://groups.google.com/g/tvb-users/c/kz9HVCaFTjk/m/g9WyB-eBHZkJ
To fix the admin/pass issues, I recommend you do a local tvb_stop, tvb_clean and tvb_start round.

Let me know if these help you move forward,
Lia.

Priya Yadav

Jan 11, 2024, 1:22:40 AMJan 11
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com
Hey , Thanks a lot for your reply ,I really appreciate your help but I am still having trouble with the login , i uninstalled everything and reinstalled following the steps given here - https://docs.thevirtualbrain.org/manuals/ContributorsManual/ContributorsManual.html#source-code-and-working-environment
when I run this command -
 python -m tvb.interfaces.web.run WEB_PROFILE
the web-app opened up like this-

and when I clicked on login , this error message prints -
Wrong username/password, or user not yet validated...
I understand this is probably super basic stuff , so I appreciate your patience and hope it's not coming off as bothersome.
Also , at this moment , my system does not meet the recommended RAM specification of 16 GB. However ,I am planning to upgrade it soon. Could this be the reason behind the issue I'm experiencing?
Thanks .
Priya

Jan 11, 2024, 5:14:58 AMJan 11
to TVB Users
Hi Priya,

The 16 GB is not a limitation for login (you might run into problems on large simulations).

In the same Python env where you run tvb, try to install with pip install tvb-data from here: https://zenodo.org/records/10128131

Then, remove ~/TVB folder, and restart tvb web with the command you tried before( python -m tvb.interfaces.web.run WEB_PROFILE).

Best,
Lia.

Priya Yadav

Jan 11, 2024, 7:47:01 AMJan 11