Wilson-Cowan Model oscillation

Lin Chen

Apr 22, 2022, 4:33:10 AM4/22/22
to TVB Users
Hi there,

I was trying to reproduce the oscillation by Wilson-Cowan model in On the influence of amplitude on the connectivity between phases (Daffertshofer, A. and van Wijk, B, 2011) (a paper that TVB model pakage website references). In the paper they suggested a set of parameter for Wilson-Cowan model that generate oscillation, however when I put them in TVB, they don't generate oscillation.

The set of parameters I follow was:
q4.1.PNG

And I put them in TVB:  (Based on the equation they used, a in the paper correspond to alpha in TVB)
q4.2.PNG
q4.3.PNGq4.4.PNG
However I got:
q4.5.PNG
which doesn't generate oscillation

The connectivity I used was four seperated brain nodes:
q4.6.PNG
q4.7.PNG

I've tried a lot of ways but still can't get the oscillation that paper got. Am I making mistakes in any part? Thank you so much for your time and I appreciate any comments.

Regards,
Lin