Does a "regionMapping_16k_66.txt" file exist?

Dylan Mann-Krzisnik

Jul 8, 2020, 12:27:56 PM7/8/20
to TVB Users
Hello,

The TVB installation comes with "regionMapping_16k_76.txt" and "regionMapping_16k_192.txt" files. Is a "regionMapping_16k_66.txt" also available somewhere (couldn't find in Zenodo either).

Best,

Dylan MK

WOODMAN Michael

Jul 8, 2020, 4:40:26 PM7/8/20
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com

hi

This file doesn't exist because the 76 and 192 variants are based on the same cortical surface, whereas the 66 node connectivity did not have an associated cortical surface, so a region mapping doesn't exist.  The only approximate option would be to align visually the default cortical surface with the 66 ROIs and map each vertex to the nearest ROI.

cheers,

Marmaduke Woodman, TVB Engineer, INS AMU; +33 4 91 32 42 38 +33 7 67 77 84 72

Jul 9, 2020, 9:58:29 PM7/9/20
to TVB Users

Hi,

I've created a regionMapping_16k_66.txt file by following your suggestion. I've attached the data file within this post. It can also be found at https://github.com/DylanMannKrzisnik/tvb-data/blob/master/tvb_data/regionMapping/regionMapping_16k_66.txt.

The method for deriving this data is a bit loose, with some trial-and-error involved. I've put up a Notebook if people want to try it out for themselves: https://github.com/DylanMannKrzisnik/tvb-data/blob/master/tvb_data/regionMapping/Create_TVB_regionMapping.ipynb

Cheers,

Dylan MK
regionMapping_16k_66.txt

WOODMAN Michael

Jul 10, 2020, 2:15:31 AM7/10/20
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com

hi

Would you be willing to make a pull request (Pull Requests > New Pull Request) back to the-virtual-brain/tvb-data, so we can acknowledge the contribution in the repository?

thanks,

Marmaduke Woodman, TVB Engineer, INS AMU; +33 4 91 32 42 38 +33 7 67 77 84 72

Sent: Friday, July 10, 2020 3:58:29 AM
To: TVB Users
Subject: Re: [TVB] Does a "regionMapping_16k_66.txt" file exist?

Dylan Mann-Krzisnik

Jul 11, 2020, 10:40:46 AM7/11/20
to TVB Users
Hi,

The method for obtaining the region mapping is not great and would like to optimize it first.

I meant to ask whether the default TVB cortical surface corresponds to any default surface from FreeSurfer, HCP workbench or other toolbox? The coordinate system for the connectivity_66 "centres.txt" file does not correspond to that of connectivity_76 nor the default cortical surface. I'd like to estimate an appropriate alignment between connectivity_66 and the default TVB surface or connectivity_76. The latter two seem to share the same coordinate system.