Simulating Epileptic Brain

Tristan Delion

Dec 19, 2021, 1:16:43 PM12/19/21
to TVB Users
Hi TVB community,

I am a final year MSc student in neuroscience, with a background in biology (but not in mathematics or engineering).

This year, we have a computational neuroscience module. As part of the assessment, we have to write a 10 pages report on simulating an epileptic brain. Our teacher is giving us this work, and the only support he gave us is the TVB tutorial video.

However, I have no experience in coding and  I've never encountered jupyter notebook and python before. At the moment, I just feel lost, and do not know where to start.

I would be very grateful if anyone could direct me towards resources and a starting point in order to understand the simulation of an epileptic brain.

Warm wishes,
Tristan

Julie Courtiol

Dec 21, 2021, 4:30:51 AM12/21/21
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Tristan,

I advise you to read the following papers:
If you are not familiar with large-scale brain network modeling, I recommend to read:

There are also some lectures that I have done, e.g.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N04jnFB3QbA

And TVB tutorials, either with the GUI or the python notebook: