Downsample meshes

Silvana Huertas

Oct 18, 2022, 7:50:23 AM10/18/22
to TVB Users
Hi,

I'm trying to find the code to resampling the meshes generated using FreeSurfer, to have a 16k cortical surface, but I can't find how to do this. Could you help me with this, please?

Thanks

WOODMAN Michael

Oct 18, 2022, 7:59:36 AM10/18/22
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com

hi

there are a few ways to do it, but the one which preserves the region mapping "for free" is to use FreeSurfer's subject to subject mapping tools:

https://github.com/ins-amu/tvb-pipeline/blob/master/make/FreeSurfer.mk#L27

The first mri_surf2surf maps the subject's surface to the fsaverage5 subject ( a low resolution subject 10k vertices per hemisphere) and then copies the file back to the subject's folder.

The second mri_surf2surf maps fsaverage5's parcellation to the subject (at low resolution).

cheers,

Marmaduke