Question about mouse brain resting-state simulation parameter

Jeehye An

Jun 5, 2022, 8:47:30 AM6/5/22
to TVB Users
Hi, I have a question about TVB mouse brain resting-state simulation pipeline from EBRAINS collabs (link).

In Part 1, it shows that I_o (external input) = 0.322 puts the system in a bistable regime, whereas I_o = 0.3 or 0.35 puts it in a monostable regime.
However, in part 2, it proceeds with an I_o value of 0.3 (instead of 0.322) for simulating a multistable regime. I'm confused why, could someone explain? Thank you!

Julie Courtiol

Jun 5, 2022, 11:02:30 AM6/5/22
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

In part I, we are simulating an uncoupled system (one isolated node), while in part II, we are simulating a coupled system (network). The input of the remote activities, scaled by the parameter G, is pushing the system closer to the bifurcation: the global input value is then higher, and might switch the system in the monostable regime (>0.35). We should use a smaller I_0 value compared with an uncoupled system to be in a multistable state.

Best,
Julie
---
Best regards,