Asymmetric structural matrix

Jeriffer Smith

Mar 24, 2022, 9:18:21 AM3/24/22
to TVB Users
Dear TVBers,

    I have a question about structural connectivity. I've read many papers, some of them use asymmetric sc and some use symmetric one, and there are many different definition of weights matrix.
   So I wonder which kind of sc is best for simulation fitness? And how to get asymmetric sc? Would you please give me a simple formula? I'm so sorry for my poor unstanding of papers that it's difficult for me to handle it. Thanks for your time. Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Jeriffer

WOODMAN Michael

Mar 24, 2022, 9:51:13 AM3/24/22
to tvb-...@googlegroups.com
hi

The symmetry of an SC depends on the source data.  When data is obtained from anatomical tracing it can be asymmetric because connectivity from node i to node j is different from j to i.  For diffusion weight imaging, there's no directionality, and therefore the matrix is symmetric.  The following paper goes over an example with both kinds

cheers,
Marmaduke

Jeriffer Smith

Mar 24, 2022, 10:38:11 AM3/24/22
to TVB Users
Thanks so much, Marmaduke! It's so nice of you!