Spinner 1-3

Charise Scrivner

Jul 25, 2024, 2:46:18 AM (3 days ago) Jul 25
to Tuxedo Tools Users

Centrifuges that accept microplates are typically larger units that take up valuable space on the laboratory bench. The unique design of the Mini Plate Spinner results in a compact centrifuge that has an extremely small footprint - just 6 x 6 inches. Two standard microplates are loaded through a slot in the top of the centrifuge unit. Sealed plates are loaded vertically - surface tension keeps samples in place so there is no danger of spilling samples.

Upon closing the lid of the unit, the rotor quickly accelerates the microplates to 2,500 rpm. Pressing the open button engages the brake and brings the rotor to a stop. For temperature sensitive applications, the Plate spinner may be used in a cold room.

spinner 1-3

DOWNLOAD 🆓 https://urlgoal.com/2zN8Lr

The Spinner, made of clear plastic, is used with overlays to create contrasting, moving patterns to stimulate visual awareness and encourage attention and visually directed reaching. Suction cup feet hold the spinner base in place.

Hi!
I use the spinner where I can choose differnt items.
But always when I open the spinner the first is already selected.
Is there a solution that no item is selected.
Maybe it is possible to use only a text or heading for the first item which can not select.
example:

Hope somebody can help me.
kindly regards

Nothing in Prompt
Heading is first item in List
Selection Index set to 1
(Nothing will happen if the user selects item 1, the spinner just closes)
After selecting you need to reset selection.index to 1

For example, in one of the points I have "Select time" and everything is fine the first time I call the Spinner from the button, but when I want to select the time again without changing the screen, the selection remains on "Select time" and that's it. I can't get the clock to toss me again

The app I'm creating is a task app and I have a spinner for the user to select a specific action like delete the task. After the user is done selecting the thing they want, I want the selection to automatically be "Options" again.
Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 6.18.26 PM10001178 144 KB

Having a selection that essentially should not be selected is bad practise! Your spinner should be set to the most common/likely choice. The component makes it obvious there are other options by design.

I usually call a spinner from a button, setting the spinner height and width to 1x1 pixels to effectively hide it (the spinner must be visible in order for it to work) I then set my title/default/non-working element which is the first element, no action is taken if this is selected, and makes your real elements available for selection.

Are you accessing the published survey from the Survey123 web app or from the field app? And have you updated either Connect or the Survey123 field app since you tried it last time? If you send your XLS form, I can see if I run into the same issue.

Thanks for including that image. In the screen cap on the right it looks like you're viewing the published survey in the web app. Unfortunately the spinner and numbers appearances are not supported on the web app. I just published an Appearances sample and it looks like those two appearances are working as they should be in the Connect preview and in the field app.

If you are looking to access your published forms from the web, the Appearances tab in any Advanced Template or Sample XLS form has a list of which appearances are supported by the web app and which are supported by the field app (this list was added recently, so it will only show up on XLS forms created after July 23).

Regarded as one of the most acrobatic of dolphins, spinner dolphins are well known for their habit of leaping from the water and spinning up to seven times in the air before falling back into the water. Experts believe that spinner dolphins use these behaviors primarily for acoustic signaling or communication, but the activity can also be a way to remove ectoparasites, such as remoras.

Individual dolphins are identified by their unique dorsal fins. Researchers take photographs of the dolphins' dorsal fins and then match the shape, nicks, and notches in each fin to a catalog of known individuals to obtain life history information for each animal.

Spinner dolphins feed at night on species including small fish, shrimp, and squid that are found about 650 to 1,000 feet below the surface of the water. Spinner dolphin prey species follow a vertical and horizontal migration pattern, staying in deep waters in the ocean during the day, and then moving up in the water column (vertical migration) and inshore (horizontal migration) at night. Spinner dolphins take advantage of the nightly migration that brings their prey species to shallower depths and closer to shore by feeding throughout the night.

When resting, spinner dolphins move back and forth slowly as a single unit, with the animals in tight formation but spaced just out of contact with one another. They may engage in resting behaviors for about four to five hours daily. This behavior may vary seasonally, coinciding with the shifts in day length. During rest, spinner dolphins rely on vision rather than echolocation for scanning their environment. Group movements during rest are typically in open, sandy-bottom areas where predators are more visible.

In most places, spinner dolphins are found in areas of deep waters where they likely track prey. Although the pelagic stock of Hawaiian spinner dolphins are found in the deeper waters offshore of the islands, the rest of the Hawaiʻi population has a more coastal distribution. During daytime hours, the island-associated stocks of Hawaiian spinner dolphins seek sanctuary in nearshore waters, where they return to certain areas to socialize, rest, and nurture their young. These areas are typically in clear, calm, and relatively shallow waters. They usually have a sandy bottom that presumably provides an environment in which the dolphins are able to visually monitor for predators, as they cease echolocation while they rest. Spinner dolphins use a variety of bays and nearshore coastal waters throughout their range, but they seem to prefer certain bays.

Like all marine mammals, spinner dolphins are slow reproducers. They live for about 20 years, with some individuals living for at least 25 years. Spinner dolphins may mate year-round, with multiple males mating with one female. Gestation is similar to other dolphin species and lasts approximately 11 months. Spinner dolphins calve year-round, generally about once every 3 years, and lactate often for 1 to 2 years. They reach sexual maturity at around 7 years of age.

Viewing wild marine mammals in Hawaiʻi has been a popular recreational activity for both tourists and residents over the past several decades. We estimate that there are upwards of 70 tour operators that provide dolphin-directed tours focused on Hawaiian spinner dolphins. More than 100 commercial boat tour and kayak tour operations may opportunistically view these animals.

Tours operate out of various harbors along most of the coasts of the main Hawaiian Islands, bringing guests to well-known locations for spinner dolphin viewing. Researchers have observed up to 13 tour boats at a time in some locations, with vessels jockeying for position on a single spinner dolphin group and more than 60 swimmers in the water attempting to closely interact with the dolphins at once. In addition, a number of residents and visitors venture on their own, independent of commercial operators, to view and interact with spinner dolphins. Some operators and various media outlets have encouraged the expectation for close interactions with wild dolphins, and routinely promote close vessel or in-water encounters with the dolphins. This contradicts established wildlife viewing guidelines.

Peer-reviewed scientific literature has documented disturbance responses by individual spinner dolphins, as well as changes to spinner dolphin group behavior patterns over time. Individual dolphin responses include:

Marine debris is a growing concern within the marine environment, as it poses multiple threats to the marine ecosystem. For instance, spinner dolphins may ingest (either directly or through prey items) or become entangled in marine debris. These interactions may cause:

Humans introduce sound intentionally and unintentionally into the marine environment. This could be from commercial and recreational ocean activities, navigation, oil and gas exploration and acquisition, research, and military activities. Spinner dolphins use sound to communicate, navigate, locate prey, locate predators, and sense their environment, which can be impacted by introduced anthropogenic noise How severely noise exposure affects dolphins and whales depends on factors including:

Spinner dolphins, like all marine mammals, can be susceptible to widespread disease. Outbreaks in spinner dolphins are not commonly reported, but scientists have previously detected serious diseases, such as toxoplasmosis and cetacean morbillivirus. Although the number of spinner dolphin deaths attributed to these diseases is fairly low (many are thought to be unreported), thousands of other marine mammal species have died from these diseases worldwide.

We conduct various research activities on the biology, behavior, and ecology of the spinner dolphin. The results of this research inform management decisions and enhance recovery efforts for this species. Our work includes:

Do not harass, feed, hunt, capture, kill, pursue, approach, surround, swim with, or attempt to touch protected marine wildlife. Never entice protected marine wildlife to approach you.

Do not engage, chase, or try to get a reaction from the animal. Disturbing wildlife interrupts their ability to perform critical functions such as feeding, breeding, nursing, resting, and socializing.

A robust estimate for the population size of spinner dolphins is only available for the Hawaiʻi Island stock, which is estimated to be around 600 animals. The Kauaʻi/Niʻihau stock is estimated to be around 600 animals and Oʻahu/4-Islands stock is estimated to be around 300 animals. Both of these estimates lack data from the stocks' full ranges. Information is insufficient to provide estimates for the other three stocks.

4a15465005