Font Arial Black Normal

Charise Scrivner

Jul 26, 2024, 2:44:50 AM (yesterday) Jul 26
to Tuxedo Tools Users

I am dual-booting Windows XP and Windows 7, using CorelDRAW on both.Using XP, I have no problems, however in Windows 7 the font Arial Black defaults to italic. After removing the italic attribute, I try to convert the CorelDRAW file to JPEG, however, once more, the italic version of Arial Black appears.

This problem applies only to Arial Black; all other fonts work fine. As you can see in the GIF below, when I move the text area (when the font is non-italic), the movement preview shows an italic shadow, and the text turns italic when released.

I have a win 7 and XP virtual machine with the same font problem. Also it disables the whole Arial font sometimes. Somewhere in the system there's a bug. The only solution I have is to use Fontnavigator and manually enable Arial black, then close and open the file in Corel.

I'm facing a strange issue whereby ALL the browsers on my home computer (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE, Opera) are defaulting to Arial Black. The font settings are normal - Times New Roman, Arial, Courier etc. - but that doesn't seem to be making a difference.

I have recently had this problem. It was because I had recently installed Helvetica Neue font and it was messing with FireFox. Hopefully if you have that and uninstall it, it will fix the problem for you like it did me.

If somehow you lost the Arial font, Windows will default for the next closest option. Search for Arial, you might only find Arial Black being installed in your computer. Reinstall Arial and problem solved.

I've got the trialversion of publisher. Now testing the program i dont get served the whole arial fontfamily. I am needing the komplete arial narrow group, normal, bold , bold italic and normal italic. Only Arial narrow normal is a chosable option.

Because the font names are generally incorrect, especially if downloaded from the web. But even so, Arial Narrow is one of those fonts that can/do give print providers grief as the names are often messed up.

If you see variations of those with a number on the end of the file name (i.e. _0) they are duplicates
You want to delete any duplicates because APub has problems with the duplicates.
The files may be locked if the duplicates are the ones which are installed.
Then un-install the fonts, delete all the remaining Arial Narrow files, re-install the correct ones.
Now you should see only the correct four files above.

APub displays the fonts using the Typographic Family Name and Typographic Style Name.
The Windows version of Arial Narrow has Arial as the Typographic Family Name.
So all the fonts are listed together with the other Arial fonts.
The Mac version of Arial Narrow has Arial Narrow as the Typographic Family Name.
So it is listed separately.

translation issue?
nope. Check the posting regarding "Bahnschrift" - variable Fonts. Chinese Fonts...

also:
- Why are the Styles not translated? ("Bold" ? should be "Fett" etc..)
- 4x Narrow?

should be at least:
- semi condensed (2 words)
- semi condensed bold (3 words)
- semi condensed italic (3 words)
- semi condensed bold italic (4 words).

why counting words?
Because with other fonts, Affinity-Applications seem to work fine:

This looks like you have the same issue as Psenda above.
The preview is the same and the name is the same for all four.
This is probably because you have duplicate fonts in the Windows fonts folder.

The font list display issue indicates there is some issue with the fonts.
It indicates at a minimum that the APub font cache is corrupted/confused.
You may or may not get the correct font on print output.
You may or may not get the correct font on PDF output.

The Windows font list is useless for solving duplicate font issues.
It only displays the last fonts installed.
It does nothing about the duplicates which exist in the fonts folder.
Just because it can properly translate the installed font names means nothing.
APub has problems when there are duplicate fonts in the Windows fonts folder.
Other applications may, and do, also have problems.

There is nothing wrong with how the Arial fonts are constructed.
Arial and Arial Black come with the Windows operating system.
Arial Narrow comes with MS Office 2010, 2013, 2016, etc.
If someone mixed and matched some downloaded Mac and PC versions, that would be a problem.
If Scribus is having a problem the original PC version fonts, the problem is Scribus.
But is could just be Scribus too is having an issue with duplicate fonts in the Windows Fonts folder.

There are nine ttf arial font files in the font folder, that normally appear in Windows (10), see my previous post.
Only Affinity has a problem with correct name interpretation for Narrow files ("N" in file name).

In APub my Arial Narrow font previews look correct - just like MikeW's image above.
It appears you have some corruption of the APub font cache and/or the Windows font cache.
This could be caused by duplicate fonts, OR some other issue.
First, make sure you do not have duplicate fonts in the Windows Fonts folder.
Then, clear your Windows font cache.

There is no problem with Scribus, the opposite is true:
It shows 4x "Narrow" but extends the name with additional info (in brackets) which indicates: it recognizes that there is something strange/wrong about these Arial-Fonts.

I used Scribus 1.48 portable (= release branch) for testing.

No Font-Cache-Issue since I deleted Font-Cache-Files.
Perhaps its related to the OS (Windows 8.1); dont know what Psenda ist using, the OP also uses Windows 8.x...

again: Who cares? Arial is boring and the Affinity-Applications still have so many bugs.. one bug more or less does not count...
esp. since you can use the fonts, just the name is not displayed correctly. ( @AndreasDiehm )

The only way I can think of to make this a default would be to set up a document with 10.5pt Arial as the normal font and then save it as your Normal.dot template. But be aware that Office has always been loose about changes to Normal.dot and you are likely to open Word some day and find that Normal.dot has reverted to its default settings.

That said, I don't consider it good practice to use half-size fonts because they are difficult to maintain over time and if you share docs with other people, they are very likely to get frustrated having to edit with half-sizes. They'll start typing and inevitably end up doing 10 or 11 pts and then wrack their brains trying to figure out why some words and sentences aren't the same size as others. Most of the time they will just give up, select the entire document and change the font size of everything to 10 or 11.

I'm having trouble exporting report to PDF using jasper. It simply does not highlight bold text. But when displaying the report on the screen the bold appears normally.

I, m using Arial font.

The issue you are running into is that java doesn't recognize Arial without a little setup. In the preferences goto Jaspersoft StudioFonts. Create a new font family for Arial specifying the correct normal, bold, italic, and bold italic ttf font.

Once you are done with that click the export button and create a library of the font. I put mine in MyReportsFonts folder. Then studio on the project explorer navigate to the Arial.jar file you just created right-click and select Build PathAdd to Build Path.

We are starting this post with the details of a very advanced typeface that is belonging to the sans-serif typeface. This is Arial Black font and is also a member of a standard font family called Arial font. The creators of this font family are the two legendary typefaces designers named Robin Nicholas and Patricia Saunders. It was initially released in 1982 by a Monotype Foundry.

This is a humanist design of the Arial font family and it was specially designed for giving a more black look to designs. It has also a rounded version of this typeface that is known as Arial Rounded Font and is very known among designers. This is the most considered typeface for advertising and display purposes due to its classic and black design. A TrueType version of this typeface is available for free in Microsoft.