Social Media Cafe - Lisbon

Bruno Amaral

Apr 16, 2008, 4:38:44 AM4/16/08
to Tuttle Club (Social Media Café)
Hello Everyone,

I have been reading about social media café and talking with people
who had a chance to attend.

And since I'm from Portugal, the chances of me participating are slim.
But I do love the idea.

So what I was thinking was importing the concept to Lisbon, forgetting
the goal of actually establishing a fixed physical location to host
the meetings. Focusing on a regular get-together of people interested
on the subject.

That being said, I would like to know everyone's opinion on this.

I would like to know if you think it would be okay to undertake such a
derivative idea.

--
Bruno Amaral

Bruno Amaral

Apr 16, 2008, 4:38:44 AM4/16/08
to Tuttle Club (Social Media Café)

David Terrar

Apr 16, 2008, 12:47:18 PM4/16/08
to tuttl...@googlegroups.com
This is very much Lloyd's baby, but I would have thought a Lisbon chapter would be a great idea.
Regards,
David

Lloyd Davis

Apr 17, 2008, 2:05:20 AM4/17/08
to tuttl...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I think it's a great idea and will be fascinated to see how it works out in Lisbon.  Please keep us all up to date on what you manage to get going, Bruno :)

While our implementation of this has been successful and innovative, I don't think we can take much credit for the *idea* of getting people together over coffee to talk - but if I can help at all by sharing any of the thinking that's gone on but which hasn't made it into a blogpost or wiki do let me know.

And of course I'm very happy for you to let everyone know that we were your inspiration :)

Lloyd
--
Lloyd Davis
Perfect Path Consulting Ltd

Bruno Amaral

Apr 17, 2008, 9:15:30 AM4/17/08
to Tuttle Club (Social Media Café)
Lloyd, David, thank you for your replies.

I am still not sure how everything would come together, so any
suggestions on your part would be great.

At first, I thought about establishing a SMC Lisbon blog. Nothing
elaborate, just meant to gather links to content produced by the
members and about the subjects mentioned at the meetups.

I don't think we will even try to establish a place of our own.
> Call me: +44 (0)79191 82825
> Skype me: perfectpath
> Follow me on Twitterhttp://www.twitter.com/LloydDavis- Hide quoted text -

Helen Keegan - Beep

Apr 21, 2008, 7:32:00 PM4/21/08
to tuttl...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good to me. Lisbon's a lovely city - if only I could be there too!!
Best
Helen

Helen Keegan | Mobile Media & Marketing strategy & implementation
m: +44 794 053 8802 | skype: technokitten
web: http://www.beepmarketing.com | blog:  http://www.technokitten.com