Accessing turn server from external network through port forwarding

Amanuel Elhanan

Jul 16, 2022, 3:39:34 PM7/16/22
to TURN Server (Open-Source project)
Hello friends, I am glad to be here

I am trying to configure turn server for my Nextcloud instance (Talk application). I have installed coturn from official Fedora repo on my Fedora Server 36. Here are some parameters I have set inside turnserver.conf file:

The thing is when I try to test turn server from my local network it returns ICE candidates, and video/audio call works perfect. But when I am on external network I can't connect to the turn server.
Currently my turn server is sit behind Firewall and Switches, I port forward 5349 to the local IP of my turn server, and I allowed port 5349 in firewalld.
So, am I configure it wrong or do I need to add something to be able to connect to the turn server from external through Public IP and from internal using internal IP (Currently working with local DNS pointing to local IP)?

Thank you so much.