I couldn't install Turbulenz SDK to Manjaro Linux

Ali Tolga Özbaş

Jun 24, 2015, 2:08:47 AM6/24/15
to turbulenz-e...@googlegroups.com
http://docs.turbulenz.com/installing.html

I couldn't follow this because it based on ubuntu. I use manjaro which based on arch linux.

[eronis@Manjaro ~]$ cd Downloads/
[eronis@Manjaro Downloads]$ ./TurbulenzSDK-0.28.0.linux.run
Welcome to the Turbulenz SDK

Checking your system for prerequisites ...
  File "<stdin>", line 1
    import sys;print sys.version[:3]
                       ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
[eronis@Manjaro Downloads]$

When i try to install Turbulenz I get this error. Any idea ? Maybe I could've missed installing some packages. I dunno why but, I couldn't see g++ on repository.

Guybrush Threepwood

Jul 4, 2015, 5:51:38 AM7/4/15
to turbulenz-e...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

could you get Turbulenz to work under Manjaro? i could not and chaged for that to LMDE but I would love to go back to Manjaro. I had the feeling that it is a problem with python. I think that Arch has version 3 of python by default and Debian/Ubuntu has version 2.

Ian Ballantyne

Jul 9, 2015, 5:06:34 AM7/9/15
to turbulenz-e...@googlegroups.com
Can you check which version of python you are running? Turbulenz requires 2.7.X. The script might be failing to launch when it tries to test for python by running a test command. Make sure that the default "python" on the path is python2.7 and run the script again. You can do this by aliasing python -> python2.7 before launching the script or by editing the start of the  TurbulenzSDK-0.28.0.linux.run script in an editor. Be careful though the script includes the binary and some editors might try and open the full 65Mb binary data at once!

Senior c56edfrq

Aug 18, 2017, 7:27:38 PM8/18/17
to turbulenz-engine-users
Turbulenz SDK uses Python2. There is no way to use Turbulenz Tools with python3. I should install python-dev alternative for arch. İf you take a look installation info there is a package named, python-dev. I couldn't find it. Any ideas ?

Senior c56edfrq

Aug 18, 2017, 7:46:38 PM8/18/17
to turbulenz-engine-users

If you have problems with turmoil, I suggest you to see this list that includes 16 very useful engines that few people know.

Enjoy:

http://www.develop-online.net/tools-and-tech/16-ways-to-make-your-game-for-free/0193040