Dominating12.com - My website for playing risk online

Nathan Scarbrough

Feb 5, 2012, 6:35:42 PM2/5/12
to TurboRisk
Hi, for those of you who don't know, I am the author of Vexer.trp

I originally had great plans for more bots but about a year ago I
found a website for playing risk online. I joined the development team
and have spent a considerable amount of time building the website to
get it ready to share with turborisk users. I would love to play you
all a game of risk.

You can play on the classic World Map or on 16 other maps like Great
Britain, USA, Mediterranean Sea, etc.
There are also new game options like fog of war and capitals.

If you want to play me, I am known on the site as Vexer. When creating
an account, put 'vexer' in the referrer field.

There are two ways to play. Regular Games and Live Games. Regular
Games have 24 hour turns and Live Games have 5 minute turns. Live
games take 30-90 minutes depending on how many players there are. You
are expected to stay logged in and play that whole time. Regular
Games are more flexible. You can play several games at a time and only
have to log in once a day for a few minutes to take your turns.

The site is still relatively new and it's hard to get live games with
more 4 players in them. There is one known bug in live games you will
want to know about. If a player runs out of time then the turn timer
does not automatically refresh. You have to hit F5 on your keyboard
to refresh the game. Do that any time the game looks stuck.

I suggest you start off with a 2 player game until you are familiar
with the site's interface (it's not too different from turborisk).
Depending on the time of day you might have to wait awhile for a game
to start. We need more players! And we definitely need skilled
turborisk players.

We also are desperate for volunteer programmers. If you know php and
javascript and want to help out, let me know. We have a long list of
exciting features that need programming.

If you have any trouble setting up your account or figuring our how to
use the site, just ask.

Nathan Scarbrough

Feb 5, 2012, 6:39:05 PM2/5/12
to TurboRisk
Oh yeah, spread the word!

Tell everybody, put it on your facebook page. It's much more fun when
you play people you know. You can fight each other for better ranks.
The more players on the site the faster we will be able to get live
games going, and the more fun we will have playing each other.

I also forgot to mention that the site is free.

Nathan Scarbrough

Feb 5, 2012, 6:46:48 PM2/5/12
to TurboRisk
I also forgot to mention that I have sent two map updates for
Turborisk to Mario so use the game's built in updater in a few days to
get the new versions. I also have plans for one final update for
vexer, frank+ and struggler+ but it might be awhile before i can get
to it.

Assimilator1

Feb 17, 2013, 10:04:52 AM2/17/13
to turb...@googlegroups.com
Good to hear about the new risk game :), I'll mention it to my mates who were into TR.
Also good to hear about the TR updates.

Cheers
Mark

Brian Andrews

Dec 14, 2014, 1:31:22 PM12/14/14
to turb...@googlegroups.com
I tried out this website for the first time yesterday. It is well built. I enjoyed it enough to buy a 3 month premium membership. Tons of map variety and excellent players.