New map for TR

garnettwi...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2019, 12:50:16 AM3/3/19
to TurboRisk
I was bored and decided to make a new map that fits good in a 2k resolution, since all the maps in TR are quite small.

I based it on a public domain map I found in Wikicommons by user Tom-b. I used the colours made by Nathan for the 'standard map new colors' one. The result is both familiar and strange, with many errors but I like the overall result.

And I didn't know where to share it, so even if this group is not active anymore, people searching might find it here somehow.

It's public domain, do what you want with it.

GW.

Simplified 2k.zip

Vern

Mar 3, 2019, 7:51:31 AM3/3/19
to TurboRisk
Actually, it's awesome people are still tinkering with this.  I had forgotten I was even subscribed to this group.  I haven't played in years, but for 3-4 years trying to build the perfect AI was a hobby of mine.  Good times.

Thanks,

Vern

Chiel ten Brinke

Mar 3, 2019, 8:31:35 AM3/3/19
to turb...@googlegroups.com
Same here, haha. Good times indeed.

Chiel

--
Hai ricevuto questo messaggio perché sei iscritto al gruppo "TurboRisk" di Google Gruppi.
Per annullare l'iscrizione a questo gruppo e non ricevere più le sue email, invia un'email a turborisk+...@googlegroups.com.

garnettwi...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2019, 1:54:13 PM3/3/19
to TurboRisk
Quick fix, fixed the visual connection between Yamal-Nemets and Mongolia.

Yes, tinkering with this, but I might just leave it... I rarely win the Hard setup, and the Very Hard seems impossible to me, with Vexer.

But I always come back to TR...

GW.
Simplified 2k 1.1.zip
Message has been deleted

garnettwi...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2019, 12:45:59 PM3/4/19
to TurboRisk
I was not entirely satisfied by the simplified map, and I was bored (again) so I took as task doing a good and large Mercator map, following the standard map divisions when frontiers were not available. Again thanks to Nathan for the colours. Size is the same as my previous one, and it fits nicely on 2k resolutions.

I'm more satisfied by this one and it'll be the one I use from now on. I hope anyone who passes by here and tries it, also likes it.

Again public domain, do what you want with it.

GW.
Realistic Mercator 2k.zip
Message has been deleted

garnettwi...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2019, 5:26:00 PM3/5/19
to TurboRisk
Ok last one... Just because I was still not satisfied by the Simplified... I redid a Mercator projection with my own simplification. Added both previous maps with 1 tiny correction each, plus the new Simplified Mercator.

So now this package has 3 maps:
* Simplified (eliptical projection)
* Realistic Mercator
* Simplified Mercator

Again, the maps are 1850x900, fitting well but taking most area in 2k resolution (1920x1080). And again thanks to Nathan for the colours.

As the readme in the ZIP says, public domain work.

GW

TurboRisk New 2k Maps.zip

Brian Andrews

Oct 20, 2019, 6:26:25 PM10/20/19
to TurboRisk
Hi GW added these to the github project thank you!

Assimilator1

Apr 18, 2020, 11:56:06 AM4/18/20
to TurboRisk
Hey, thanks for the new map, admittedly I haven't played TR in ~3yrs (mainly because I can't find other people to play it with), & that was a 1 off, prior to that it was ~6yrs! But with the current lock down some people are interested, yet my mate decided on some other version! :( (I don't know why).
Anyway, I only meant to ask about your battles with Vexer, do you mean just in your map or generally?
IIRC I (& I'm sure others too) have found a solid strategy against him which works most of the time :) (unless it gets lucky).