Player programming

AlexSchei

Nov 15, 2010, 4:17:04 PM11/15/10
to TurboRisk
Moin!

I want to make my own player for TR. But i don´t know which language
is using for player programming.
Which API i have to grap stats from countrys (owner, how many troops,
etc), make an attack and so on.

is there somewhere a wiki/documentation?

greetings from germany

AlexSchei

Vexer

Nov 15, 2010, 5:45:48 PM11/15/10
to TurboRisk
Use the help menu to get to the user's guide then read the sections
Making Custom TRPs and TRP API reference.
The players are written in Pascal. If you don't know Pascal, don't
worry just look at other players code for examples of how to do loops,
arrays, etc. The API calls make it easy.
Use the program TRComp.exe to write the program. TRComp.exe is located
in the TurboRisk Folder if you did a full install. In TRComp.exe load
the Turbo Risk Player (TRP) simple.trp which is in TurboRisk's players
subfolder. It is a simple example player designed to help teach you
how to write a TRP. You can look at the code for all the players to
get ideas. struggler.trp is another good program to look at.

AlexSchei

Nov 16, 2010, 11:23:19 AM11/16/10
to TurboRisk
Hey, thanks for this infomations. i´ve never written code in pascal
any time, but other languages are my best friends... ;-)
i´ll try to build a player in the following weeks. i´ll told you if i
finished.
thx