Quickstart and Mongo Issue

Michael Pedersen

Mar 25, 2015, 6:43:42 PM3/25/15
to tg-trunk
So, I'm working away at all of these lovely ideas, and I've run into what I think is a real problem in the quickstart.

Using Python3.4, Ubuntu 14.10, in an activated venv. I make a quickstart using these commands:

gearbox quickstart --ming --auth qst
cd qst
python setup.py develop
gearbox setup-app

And I then get this error:

22:37:48,541 ERROR [gearbox] No module named 'session'

When I dig in, I find qst/model/session.py exists and can be imported. However, I think that qst/model/__init__.py has a problem with this line:

from session import mainsession, DBSession

And when I change the line to this, it gets past this point:

from .session import mainsession, DBSession

I am now getting an error that says this, though, and don't have time to debug (about to get off the train):

22:41:55,463 ERROR [gearbox] 'str' object has no attribute 'decode'

Any feedback to help me through the Ming/Mongo setup in this environment would be greatly appreciated.
--
Michael J. Pedersen

Alessandro Molina

Mar 25, 2015, 7:18:16 PM3/25/15
to tg-trunk
The mongodb quickstart provided with currently released TG is not compatible with Python 3,
this is due to the fact that at the time it was written Ming didn't have support for Python3.

Thanks for pointing it out, that is something that needs to be fixed before 2.3.5 as Ming now supports python3, so TG should too.

Michael Pedersen

Mar 25, 2015, 9:25:55 PM3/25/15
to tg-trunk
Ah, excellent. I'll not worry about that piece of support for now then. I'll make sure to include it in the 2.3.5 version of the image though.

I think I'll be releasing the next version of this image later this week then. There's a bit of documentation and cleanup to do first, but without Mongo support, I think the rest is done.