Releasing TG2.3.0b2

Alessandro Molina

Jun 14, 2013, 3:16:24 PM6/14/13
to tg-trunk
We have a couple of important changes pending in the dev branch that worked fine for me in the past few weeks, I was thinking about making a new 2.3 beta release to spread them to the public and make sure nothing breaks.

Most notably:
  - Fix for "lang" option being ignored if set inside of .ini instead of app_cfg.py
  - If a beaker.cache.type option is set in configuration use that for template caching instead of using "memory" as default when no type is explicitly set in tg_cache template value.
  - Fixed issue with add_auth_middleware not bing idempotent
  - Refactoring of Request->Response flow. This improves speed and maintainability by hiding all the WSGI things behind TGApp and using only WebOb objects to communicate from TGApp to Dispatcher and vice versa.

Does anyone see any reason to postpone this?

Alessandro Molina

Jun 28, 2013, 2:01:59 PM6/28/13
to tg-trunk
I just wanted to wait for the tg.devtools test suite issue to be solved before doing this.
Now that we have a fairly good test suite for tg.devtools I'm going to try to roll out a beta release this weekend so I can use it for my training session at EuroPython