running multiple versions

Arjun K

Apr 4, 2016, 9:26:44 AM4/4/16
to TurboGears Trunk
how can we run multiple versions of turbogears app in ubuntu. when running one version , it takes controller of other version and error comes.

Alessandro Molina

Apr 4, 2016, 10:07:14 AM4/4/16
to tg-trunk
The only case this might happen is when both versions are installed into the same virtual environment.
As TG imports the controllers by package/module and there can only be one package installed per environment with a specific name you will end up running with the last one you installed if you don't create two separate virtual environments.

In case it's happening with two separate virtual envs that would require to look at your environment as two separate envs should never interfere one with the other.

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Arjun K <arjun...@gmail.com> wrote:
how can we run multiple versions of turbogears app in ubuntu. when running one version , it takes controller of other version and error comes.

Craig Small

Apr 5, 2016, 7:46:52 AM4/5/16
to tg-trunk
I've done that. As Alessandro says, you just need two virtualenvs each with its own version of TurboGears.  The tricky bit for me was the apache WSGI config to point it to the right spot when you have two. With a little care its quite possible.

  - Craig
--
Craig Small (@smallsees)   http://enc.com.au/       csmall at : enc.com.au
Debian GNU/Linux           http://www.debian.org/   csmall at : debian.org