TGCloud Updates

Michael Pedersen

Dec 31, 2015, 12:34:48 AM12/31/15
to tg-trunk, tg-trunk
It's been a long time since I've done enough for TurboGears, but I have gotten something done finally.

One of the things I've been wanting to do has been to provide an easy way to help people get started with TG, including giving to a development team and getting apps running in production. To that end, I started up a "tgcloud" repository, visible here: https://github.com/TurboGears/tgcloud

Over the past few days, I've updated the vagrant boxes to work with Ubuntu 15.10, and I've finally gotten puppet pretty much done (very minor pieces of functionality to add to support mysql and mongo fully).

I'll be updating the boxes at hashicorp's cloud in the next few days so get that part set up even easier, and I'm finally getting into working on Docker. I hope to be able to provide some sort of at least semi-official docker images that people can use in the near future.

There's still holes in the repo. For instance, I've done nothing for/with AWS at this point. If anybody wanted to provide scripts that would let me share that support, I'd be supremely grateful (or, indeed, any of the other todo items).

Hopefully, this can help a few people out.

Michael Pedersen

Jan 1, 2016, 3:34:24 AM1/1/16
to tg-trunk, tg-trunk
And in another update, the new version of the vagrant image for virtualbox has been released on an unsuspecting world. This release brings the version of TG to 2.3.7, and the Ubuntu OS to 15.10. The new version is visible at https://atlas.hashicorp.com/turbogears/boxes/tg2-ubuntu

The recipes that are used to build this image are visible in the tgcloud repository, visible at https://github.com/TurboGears/tgcloud

Also in the tgcloud repository, and visible right at that URL, are instructions on how to use the new image. With this, getting your own installation of turbogears ready to work with has never been easier (though, since it does involve downloading 800M, it has definitely been faster).

Please check it out and let me know of any issues you may find.

And happy new year to all of you. Maybe this will bring some extra cheer for 2016 :)