Wiki20 should use websetup.py

Lee McFadden

Feb 21, 2009, 8:43:35 PM2/21/09
to turboge...@googlegroups.com
Currently the Wiki20 documentation for tg2 uses a custom
initializeDB.py script to bootstrap the application. I want to make
sure that there's not a good reason for this (other than being legacy
documentation) before I update the doc to use websetup.py and paster
setup-app.

--
Lee McFadden

blog: http://www.splee.co.uk
rejaw: http://rejaw.com/splee
twitter: http://twitter.com/splee

Mark Ramm

Feb 22, 2009, 12:14:19 AM2/22/09
to turboge...@googlegroups.com
There is no good reason for this, other than wanting to show how it's
done outside the app. But really that should be done in a different
app.

There is a ticket for making exactly this change:

http://trac.turbogears.org/ticket/2060

So if you could update the ticket when you're done that would be super-awesome.

--mark
--
Mark Ramm-Christensen
email: mark at compoundthinking dot com

Lee McFadden

Feb 22, 2009, 1:01:38 AM2/22/09
On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 9:14 PM, Mark Ramm <mark.mch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is no good reason for this, other than wanting to show how it's
> done outside the app. But really that should be done in a different
> app.

Ok, I'll break the current stuff into a different doc and update
wiki20 to use websetup.py tomorrow.

> There is a ticket for making exactly this change:
>
> http://trac.turbogears.org/ticket/2060
>
> So if you could update the ticket when you're done that would be super-awesome.

No problem.

Jorge Vargas

Feb 22, 2009, 8:39:17 AM2/22/09
On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 1:14 AM, Mark Ramm <mark.mch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is no good reason for this, other than wanting to show how it's
> done outside the app. But really that should be done in a different
> app.
>
> There is a ticket for making exactly this change:
>
> http://trac.turbogears.org/ticket/2060
>
> So if you could update the ticket when you're done that would be super-awesome.

That is correct,

Lee you may want to check up with Anita, I believe she's working on
updating wiki20 to current standards.