wiki20 tutorial update

anita kean

Mar 2, 2009, 7:24:23 AM3/2/09
to turboge...@googlegroups.com
Hello turbogears-docs folks

I'm later than I'd hoped, but there was a lot of
old code amongst the tutorial and the files it drew on -
please forgive me taking this long.

I'm attaching a diff of mostly 2.0/docs/project_code material,
and then a tarball of the files to go into the
directories
1) 2.0/docs/Wiki20 wiki20.tar.gz
2) 2.0/docs/_static/wiki20 _static_wiki20.tar.gz (images)
-
the svn diff doesn't pick up new files, and I broke up
the tutorial from one long file into 10 short ones,
mostly because it meant you could see the toc on the
sidebar more often to navigate.

I converted the image pngs to pdfs and include these in the tarball
of images too - sphinx/latex might prefer those for the pdf.

There'll be errors and typos here - I'll look over it the next few days
and try and correct things.
But please let me know what you think should be changed.
All comments and criticisms welcome!

I have some questions I need to ask on confusing things, (e.g.
which versions of python does tg2 run on?) but it's too late already
- I'll do that in a day or two.

Also I need to run through the tutorial another time to make sure the final
version works in total - but I'll do that soon too.
I thought you'd want this turned in by now.

Regards all, and thanks for all your help along the way.
Sorry again it took this long!

--
Anita

svn_diff_wiki20.diff
wiki20.tar.gz
_static_wiki20.tar.gz

anita kean

Mar 2, 2009, 4:17:54 PM3/2/09
On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 01:24:23AM +1300, anita kean wrote:

> I'm attaching a diff of mostly 2.0/docs/project_code material,
> and then a tarball of the files to go into the
> directories

> 1) 2.0/docs/Wiki20 wiki20.tar.gz
error: should be

1) 2.0/docs/main/Wiki20 wiki20.tar.gz

Apologies for the oversized post.
I did consider sending it to just one individual but
worried that that might seem like a request.
But I just didn't think to look at the size before
I sent it - crazy when there were images included!
Mea culpa.

--
Anita

anita kean

Mar 2, 2009, 7:32:33 PM3/2/09
to turboge...@googlegroups.com
Apologies for the noise:

attached an update to the files I sent last night:

output of svn diff from the doc directory again,
with further changes to some of the project_code files

* svn_wiki20_update.diff

(the problem is there is no communication between the project
files for the wiki20 tutorial and what is in trunk)

and output of a diff on the tarball of page*.rst files
in docs/main/Wiki20/ I sent last night
* wiki20_updates.diff

- my typos.

--