TG2 docs update

Mark Ramm

Nov 18, 2008, 9:48:25 PM11/18/08
to turboge...@googlegroups.com
I just updated the TG2 docs, and added a disqus based comment system.

You can subscribe to the comment feeds at:

feed://disqus.com/forums/tg-site/comments.rss

Each page has it's own discussion thread, and I'm recruiting some
folks to help watch the comments, incorporate changes into the svn
docs.

I'm trying to figure out the tg2 docs update process, and I'm thinking
that it might be sensible to make a cron-job that updates the trunk
docs from svn on a nightly basis. When we do a stable release, we can
branch the docs for that release and that will not be cron-job
updated.

What do you all think?

--
Mark Ramm-Christensen
email: mark at compoundthinking dot com

Jorge Vargas

Nov 19, 2008, 7:02:04 AM11/19/08
On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 8:48 PM, Mark Ramm <mark.mch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just updated the TG2 docs, and added a disqus based comment system.
>
> You can subscribe to the comment feeds at:
>
> feed://disqus.com/forums/tg-site/comments.rss

I'll take a look.

> Each page has it's own discussion thread, and I'm recruiting some
> folks to help watch the comments, incorporate changes into the svn
> docs.
>
> I'm trying to figure out the tg2 docs update process, and I'm thinking
> that it might be sensible to make a cron-job that updates the trunk
> docs from svn on a nightly basis. When we do a stable release, we can
> branch the docs for that release and that will not be cron-job
> updated.

that will be awesome. so we'll have
http://turbogears.org/2.0/docs/
http://turbogears.org/trunk/docs/
etc?

one thing I notice are we going to keep the new URLs? I kind of liked
docs.turbogears.org/version.