Reorganizing the Docs tree and toc/index

Jorge Vargas

Feb 22, 2009, 8:55:06 AM2/22/09
to turbogea...@googlegroups.com, turboge...@googlegroups.com
Moving docs around a little

elpargo_: I got here a new dir templating and moved
mako,genshi,jinja, there, I also have a new dir tutorials and moved
wiwi20, movies there
[09:13am] elpargo_: and another dir integration and moved TGandPyAMF there
[09:13am] elpargo_: will write a TGandExtJs and will ask for others to
write about other JS lis
[09:13am] elpargo_: libs*
[09:13am] elpargo_: oh and SimpleWidgetForm -> ToscaWidgets
[09:14am] elpargo_: also we should have Controllers and move
WSGIAppControolers, ResControllers and RoutesIntegration there

Also I'll like to delete all the files that are place holders and make
tickets for them (ie all the performance docs)

Why we have caps for files for example Auth, Deployment, Extensions
IMO urls should be all lowercase
for many components we have both a folder and a file, for example
SQLAlchemy and SQLAlchemy.rst I think those should be moved as
SQLAlchemy/index.rst (same for Configuration/Config.rst)

and the other one is why we have everything under 'main'

if everyone is ok with this I'll make the move by the end of the
sprint so I don't screw up someone else's work.

As for the toc/index I think we should expose a full list of all docs
in index (http://www.turbogears.org/2.0/docs/) it will show new
people how much documentation we have :) first impressions do count.

Mark Ramm

Feb 22, 2009, 11:16:20 AM2/22/09
to turboge...@googlegroups.com, turbogea...@googlegroups.com
One thing you want to be careful of is that the Wiki20 docs, Config,
etc reference the project code using relative paths, so if you change
their location it could break some things, so you'll want to be
careful about that. ;)

As for the URL's should be all lowercase issue, why? Mostly we have
a standard of capatalizing that's been hanging around for ever, and I
don't see a good reason to change it?

Oh, and not everything is under main, some things are under modules ;)

--Mark
--
Mark Ramm-Christensen
email: mark at compoundthinking dot com