TG2 Docs

bpursley

Oct 16, 2008, 1:50:34 PM10/16/08
to TurboGears Docs
First, let me complement the group for the outstanding Sphinx
documentation introducing TG2. It is a job well done!

I have two minor suggestions on the TG2 Wiki Tutorial:

1) At "http://turbogears.org/2.0/docs/main/Wiki20/wiki20.html#further-
exploration" you invite users to provide feedback on the mailing list
- yet there is no reference to the mailing list that I could find
within http://turbogears.org/2.0/docs. The front page of the TG2 docs
would be a logical place for such a reference.

2.) One thing I found very helpful when I was first introduced to
Pylons was their Wiki tutorial which included a "starting at the end"
section "http://wiki.pylonshq.com/display/pylonsdocs/QuickWiki
+Tutorial#starting-at-the-end". This section included a completed
version of the wiki project code which made an excellent reference for
anyone who was running into trouble.

Bernie

Jorge Vargas

Nov 19, 2008, 6:52:50 AM11/19/08
to turboge...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 11:50 AM, bpursley <ber...@bpursley.net> wrote:

> First, let me complement the group for the outstanding Sphinx
> documentation introducing TG2. It is a job well done!
>
> I have two minor suggestions on the TG2 Wiki Tutorial:
>
> 1) At "http://turbogears.org/2.0/docs/main/Wiki20/wiki20.html#further-
> exploration" you invite users to provide feedback on the mailing list
> - yet there is no reference to the mailing list that I could find
> within http://turbogears.org/2.0/docs. The front page of the TG2 docs
> would be a logical place for such a reference.

That's a good idea, we should add that.

> 2.) One thing I found very helpful when I was first introduced to
> Pylons was their Wiki tutorial which included a "starting at the end"
> section "http://wiki.pylonshq.com/display/pylonsdocs/QuickWiki
> +Tutorial#starting-at-the-end". This section included a completed
> version of the wiki project code which made an excellent reference for
> anyone who was running into trouble.

this is more or less there, there is an active version of the wiki-20
code at the svn, and in fact it is downloaded by that tutorial.