tgext.authorization API documentation

Gustavo Narea

Oct 21, 2008, 10:08:00 AM10/21/08
to turboge...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm making tgext.authorization with exhaustive in-code documentation (powered
by Epydoc), so that those who want to extend it (which should be very common)
don't have to dive into the source code to learn how some classes must be
extended.

So, I wonder whether the generated API documentation may be hosted somewhere
at turbogears.org?

Cheers.
--
Gustavo Narea.
http://gustavonarea.net/

Get rid of unethical constraints! Switch to Freedomware:
http://softwareliberty.com/

Christopher Arndt

Oct 21, 2008, 10:28:48 AM10/21/08
Gustavo Narea schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> I'm making tgext.authorization with exhaustive in-code documentation (powered
> by Epydoc), so that those who want to extend it (which should be very common)
> don't have to dive into the source code to learn how some classes must be
> extended.
>
> So, I wonder whether the generated API documentation may be hosted somewhere
> at turbogears.org?

No problem, just send me a tarball (or a link where I can download it).

What would be a fitting URL for this?

Somewhere under http://turbogears.org/2.0/docs/modules/ maybe? E.g.
http://turbogears.org/2.0/docs/modules/tgext.authorization/api ?

Or http://turbogears.org/2.0/docs/modules/thirdparty/tgext.authorization
? Is tgext part of the TG2 core or a thirdparty (i.e. maintained by
someone outside the TG project) module?

We also have a facility to generate epydoc API docs via the TG buildbot.
You might want to contact Steven Mohr to ask him, whether the doc
generation for tgext.authorization could be automated with this.

Chris

Gustavo Narea

Oct 25, 2008, 4:11:06 PM10/25/08
On Tuesday October 21, 2008 16:28:48 Christopher Arndt wrote:
> No problem, just send me a tarball (or a link where I can download it).

OK, thanks! Here they are:
http://code.gustavonarea.net/tgext.authorization-v0.9a.1-docs.tar.bz2

What about http://turbogears.org/2.0/api-docs/tgext.authorization/ ?

> Or http://turbogears.org/2.0/docs/modules/thirdparty/tgext.authorization
> ? Is tgext part of the TG2 core or a thirdparty (i.e. maintained by
> someone outside the TG project) module?

Tough question. I don't know :). I'm a TG committer, but for some reason
(which I don't know) it was developed in the tgtools' Google Code repository,
not in the TG's repository.

> We also have a facility to generate epydoc API docs via the TG buildbot.
> You might want to contact Steven Mohr to ask him, whether the doc
> generation for tgext.authorization could be automated with this.

That sounds great, I'll contact him.

Cheers!

Florent Aide

Oct 26, 2008, 7:43:29 AM10/26/08
On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 10:11 PM, Gustavo Narea <m...@gustavonarea.net> wrote:

>> Or http://turbogears.org/2.0/docs/modules/thirdparty/tgext.authorization
>> ? Is tgext part of the TG2 core or a thirdparty (i.e. maintained by
>> someone outside the TG project) module?
>
> Tough question. I don't know :). I'm a TG committer, but for some reason
> (which I don't know) it was developed in the tgtools' Google Code repository,
> not in the TG's repository.

the first work on auth for tg2 was committed inside tg svn:
http://trac.turbogears.org/browser/projects/tgrepozewho

then Chris (P) pulled this out and inside the gg code repository.
Now we begin to have something working I'd rather see that code coming
back into our own repository.

Florent.

Gustavo Narea

Oct 27, 2008, 10:35:59 AM10/27/08
On Sunday October 26, 2008 12:43:29 Florent Aide wrote:
> Now we begin to have something working I'd rather see that code coming
> back into our own repository.

OK, perfect. Then I'm going to bring it back.

Mark Ramm

Oct 28, 2008, 10:15:56 PM10/28/08
to turboge...@googlegroups.com
Would it be possible to add the in-code documentation to the sphinx
module documentation rather than use epydoc for this stuff?

I'm not opposed to doing epydoc, but I would like to have all the API
docs available in sphinx where possible -- even if that's in addition
to some external epydoc docs.

Theoretically it should be as easy as adding module doc to those here:

http://svn.turbogears.org/docs/2.0/docs/modules/thirdparty/

The tg.flash docs for example are generated from a file like this:

:mod:`tg.flash` -- Flash

.. automodule:: tg.flash
:members:

http://svn.turbogears.org/docs/2.0/docs/modules/tgflash.rst