per-directory variants?

Peter James Moore

Jul 20, 2021, 10:44:11 AM7/20/21
to tup-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a source code repository that contains two distinct products, build for quite different platforms. With one I would like to use build variants for debug/release/self-test builds, but require no variants (or entirely different variants) for the other.

Is there a way to have a single tup project (i.e. one .tup folder) that can build both products (subdirectories), with subdirectory-specific variants?

I’m aware one solution would be to `tup init` the two products (subdirectories) independently, so they each have a .tup directory of their own. Then the variants of one would not impact the other. However, I believe then I would still need to run `tup` independently in each subdirectory to build everything. Being able to just run a single `tup` from any directory of the repository to build all subprojects would be preferred, so I wanted to check if there is a way to do that.

Many thanks!
Pete