Issues with older configurations after re-install

jayantib

Mar 20, 2011, 6:33:08 PM3/20/11
to tunnelblick-discuss
Hello all,
First of all I am using OS X version 10.5.8
I was using tunnelblick with arethusa free vpn service.
After installing raptor vpn, my configuration in tunnelblick were
replaced by the 3 raptor vpn default configurations.
And no way to add the arethusa config anymore (I tried all types of
setups)

I have tried removing both Raptor and Tunnelblick with Appcleaner,
uapp, etc. but everytime I re-install Tunnelbick, the same 3 default
Raptor VPN configurations are here again...

Is there a way to really erase everything and to start from the
beggining, without considering any previous configurations ?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Jeremy

jkbull...gmail.com

Mar 20, 2011, 7:19:38 PM3/20/11
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
You have been caught by RaptorVPN's configuration backup system.

You should put the following folder into the Trash:
/Library/Application Support/Tunnelblick/Backup

NOTE: NOT the /Users/YOUR-USERNAME/Application Support/Tunnelblick folder.

Then reinstall Tunnelblick from the .dmg. Your old configurations should "magically" reappear. (The RaptorVPN configurations were "hiding" them.)

Should you reinstall RaptorVPN, you would have to do this again (because RaptorVPN will create a new backup, which will be restore if you install Tunnelblick.)

Here's what's happening (for anyone who cares): RaptorVPN uses a specially modified version of Tunnelblick which includes the configurations within the application itself. To allow application updates which may not include the configurations, they are kept backed up and are restored when any version of Tunnelblick is installed. (Raptor should have made their version only affect RaptorVPN, but they did an incomplete conversion, so it affects Tunnelblick, too.)

This same problem exists with "Urban Shield" VPN's client software, which is also a specially modified version of Tunnelblick.

jayantib

Mar 20, 2011, 7:30:38 PM3/20/11
to tunnelblick-discuss
Thank you so much!

I have proceeded as adviced and it works perfectly.
I have deleted the mentionned folder, reinstalled tunneblick and
everything works now!

Thank you very much for your quick and adequate answer.

On Mar 21, 12:19 am, "jkbull...gmail.com" <jkbull...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You have been caught by RaptorVPN's configuration backup system.
>
> You should put the following folder into the Trash:
> /Library/Application Support/Tunnelblick/Backup
>
> NOTE: *NOT* the /Users/YOUR-USERNAME/Application Support/Tunnelblick folder.

jkbull...gmail.com

Mar 22, 2011, 7:19:51 AM3/22/11
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
VPN In China also uses Deployed configurations and must be uninstalled in this same way (put the following folder into the Trash:
/Library/Application Support/Tunnelblick/Backup).