Keychain access issues after Big Sur 11.3 final (RC)

László Pál

Apr 22, 2021, 5:57:52 AM4/22/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
Hi,

I'm not sure how many of you affected by this, but since this morning (after upgrading to 11.3 final (RC?) Tunnelblick no longer able to get password from keychain (stuck at waiting for password prompt). If I delete the saved password with

defaults delete net.tunnelblick.tunnelblick conn-name-keychainHasUsernameAndPassword

and I skip saving it in Keychain, everything works fine.

Is there any fix for this?

Thanks
L:

Tunnelblick developer

Apr 22, 2021, 6:46:22 AM4/22/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
Thanks for your report.

What version of Tunnelblick are you using? If you are using Tunnelblick 3.8.6beta02, please try Tunnelblick 3.8.5a.

If 3.8.5a does the same thing, please post the diagnostic info obtained by following the instructions at Read Before You Post.

Imre Kovács

Apr 22, 2021, 6:53:36 AM4/22/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
Same here, with the 3.8.6beta02 (build 5690). Typed manaully works fine.

Tunnelblick developer

Apr 22, 2021, 6:54:39 AM4/22/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
Imre, thanks for your report. Please see my earlier question and comment in this discussion.

Imre Kovács

Apr 22, 2021, 6:58:13 AM4/22/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
I saw that thanks. It works with the version, what you have mentioned. I just wanted to let you know, that is not a problem, which is affects only 1 people.

Tunnelblick developer

Apr 22, 2021, 6:59:15 AM4/22/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
OK, Imre, thanks.

Dominik Uebersax

Apr 22, 2021, 10:09:29 AM4/22/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
We have the same problem with macOS 11.2.3 ant Tunnelblick 3.8.6beta02 on an M1 Macbook, keychain saving works fine, but seems like Tunnelblick cannot read/get the credentials and is stuck.

Tunnelblick developer

Apr 22, 2021, 10:15:05 AM4/22/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
Dominik, does 3.8.5a work for you?

Pal, Laszlo

Apr 22, 2021, 11:25:19 AM4/22/21
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
Confirmed, it is working in 3.8.5a. Thank you

L:

Tunnelblick developer

Apr 22, 2021, 9:08:24 PM4/22/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
This problem should be fixed in Tunnelblick 3.8.6beta03, available via update on the "Preferences" panel. (Put a check in "Check fro updates to beta versions", then click the "Check Now" button.)

Ratnakar Naik

May 28, 2021, 3:06:07 PM5/28/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
Hi, I have the same issue with Tunnelblick 3.8.6beta03,. Please help.

Tunnelblick developer

May 28, 2021, 3:12:25 PM5/28/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
Ratnakar Naik, please post the diagnostic info obtained by following the instructions at Read Before You Post.