No internet connection after incorrent tunnelblink uninstall

masta4e

Mar 30, 2023, 10:55:20 AM3/30/23
to tunnelblick-discuss
Hi there!

I've had configured tunnelblink app to work like killswitch. But unfortmunatelly I've removed it with just moving it to trash and after that I have no internet connection. Looks like it somehow blocks DNS or somethink like this.
I've alreary removed org.openvpn.client.plist and org.openvpn.helper.plist but still can see following:

utun0: flags=8051<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1380
 inet6 fe80::71ea:3e4c:1c06:39f%utun0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0xd
 nd6 options=201<PERFORMNUD,DAD>
utun1: flags=8051<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 2000
 inet6 fe80::a3fe:390:f0ee:7a43%utun1 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0xe
 nd6 options=201<PERFORMNUD,DAD>
utun2: flags=8051<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1000
 inet6 fe80::ce81:b1c:bd2c:69e%utun2 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0xf
 nd6 options=201<PERFORMNUD,DAD>
utun3: flags=8051<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1380
 inet6 fe80::26b7:8ec2:ef7b:e495%utun3 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x10
 nd6 options=201<PERFORMNUD,DAD>

Clould you please advice what I have to modify to avoid adding of these network interfaces and corresponding routings?

Tunnelblick developer

Mar 30, 2023, 11:10:51 AM3/30/23
to tunnelblick-discuss
The utun0... devices have nothing to do with Tunnelblick. They are used by macOS to implement various macOS services.

If you left the kill-switch active when you dragged Tunnelblick to the Trash, the easiest way to fix the problem is to re-install Tunnelblick and re-enable network access. Then you can use Tunnelblick's built-in uninstaller ("Uninstall Tunnelblick" button on the "Utilities" panel of Tunnelblick's "VPN Details" window). To reinstall Tunnelblick, drag it out of the Trash to your Desktop, then double-click it.

masta4e

Mar 30, 2023, 11:15:38 AM3/30/23
to tunnelblick-discuss
I've already tried to do as you advice and finally got another utun4-utun6 and still no internet access.

Tunnelblick developer

Mar 30, 2023, 11:42:35 AM3/30/23
to tunnelblick-discuss
As I wrote, the utuns are created by macOS. Have you tried restarting your computer?