Where/How can I remember my Tunnelblick username ?

papasse...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2019, 2:26:24 PM11/9/19
to tunnelblick-discuss
Hi,

I use Tunnelblick since a year and it works : I just click on 'connect' on the panel that appears when the mouse is hovering the tunnelblick icon on the upper-rigth corner of the screen.

pb:
I now need to change the server and I need my username/password. But I don't find them as expected in my keychain. More precisely, the 'password' section of the keychain contains a tunnelblick-auth-<vpnname>... but I can't login with the parameters shown, so I suspect them to be wrong.

question:
Where/How can I remember my Tunnelblick username/password ?

thx,

Tunnelblick developer

Nov 9, 2019, 2:42:04 PM11/9/19
to tunnelblick-discuss
If you have saved the username, or the username and password, they are in the Keychain and you should be able to access them using /Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access.
  • Normally, for a VPN configuration named "ABC", the username and password would be stored as "application passwords" in the login keychain as two items named "Tunnelblick-Auth-ABC". The username would be in the item with account "username" and the password would be in the item with account "password".

  • However, if you are using Tunnelblick's "Named Credentials" feature with credentials named "DEF", the username and password would instead be stored as "application passwords" in the login keychain as two items named "Tunnelblick-Auth-Group-DEF", with similar "username" and "password" accounts.
Note that these passwords are not supplied by Tunnelblick. They are supplied by your VPN service provider and you'll have to contact them to get the correct username and password.

Your VPN service provider is the organization which gave you your configuration files, and to which you may be paying a fee for VPN service. For more information, please see Getting VPN Service (https://tunnelblick.net/cGettingVPNService.html).