Imported Configuration has Connect button (and everything else) greyed out

Mark Lichfield

Aug 20, 2021, 8:30:06 AM8/20/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
This may be something trivial but ....

I have just installed Tunnelblick, and have imported an OpenVPN client config from a Windows 10 machine.  It says it's been imported successfully, and I can see that all of the files have been loaded into the appropriate Resources directory, but when I click on it, every field is greyed out, as is the Connect button.  The log contains a single line telling me the build number.

I have done the obvious things like changing the line endings to LF from CR/LF, and removing all of the Windows path references.

Is there something obvious I have missed ?

Tunnelblick developer

Aug 20, 2021, 8:34:51 AM8/20/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
This is a bug -- thanks for reporting it. It happens when the first configuration is added. The bug will be fixed in the next beta version of Tunnelblick.

I think you can work around it by quitting Tunnelblick and then launching it again.

(If Tunnelblick didn't pop up a window complaining about importing the configuration, the configuration itself is OK.)

Mark Lichfield

Aug 20, 2021, 9:29:07 AM8/20/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
I have resolved this.  I did kill and restart the Tunnelblick process, but I am not sure that is what fixed it.

The config I imported was from a network share, so I am wondering if that was the problem.  I redid it from a desktop folder, and that seemed to fix it.

Mark Lichfield

Aug 20, 2021, 9:30:56 AM8/20/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
Ah - please ignore my last post - it must have been killing the process and restarting which fixed it!

Tunnelblick developer

Aug 20, 2021, 9:46:17 AM8/20/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
Yes, it was quitting/restarting Tunnelblick that "fixed" it.

The problem happens only when one configuration has been installed; if the configuration is replaced (which is what happened when you reinstalled it from the Desktop), the problem doesn't happen.

I actually came upon this bug when testing on a new computer, and fixed tested fixes for it yesterday. I committed the fix about an hour ago as #9e7d5b94.

Mark Lichfield

Aug 20, 2021, 11:12:07 AM8/20/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
Nice one!!