No longer able to use Applescript

Chris Redford

Mar 27, 2021, 7:23:43 PM3/27/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
When I try to use osascript now, I get an error. I'm running the latest version

>> osascript -e "tell application \"/Applications/Tunnelblick.app\"" -e "get state of first configuration where name = \"config-name\"" -e "end tell"
53:101: execution error: Not authorized to send Apple events to Tunnelblick. (-1743)

Tunnelblick developer

Mar 27, 2021, 7:55:42 PM3/27/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
If it used to work but now doesn't, did you update macOS? macOS Mojave and higher require your permission for apps to do certain things. If you refused, this is what you'll see.

Take a look at the first half of https://scriptingosx.com/2020/09/avoiding-applescript-security-and-privacy-requests/

Or try a Google search for "execution error: Not authorized to send Apple events to" to find examples

Chris Redford

Mar 27, 2021, 8:08:52 PM3/27/21
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
You know, I am a bit ashamed to admit that all I had to do was quit Tunnelblick and open it back up again. But I had already posted. This was following a system update, though. Thanks for the quick response.