Tunnelblick hangs on WIFIonICE

Friedrich Vosberg

Jun 26, 2024, 2:32:57 AMJun 26
to tunnelblick-discuss
I have repeatedly made the experience when my macOS 12.7.x is connected with a WIFIonICE that Tunnelblick is going to hang. Mostly I can establish a VPN but after some seconds or at the latest some minutes the VPN connection is going yellow and Tunnelblick hangs. The beachball appears. This (mis-) behaviour occurs almost every times when I try to use Tunnelblick in a WIFIonICE. Is this a know bug or is it a feature?

Tunnelblick developer

Jun 26, 2024, 7:10:19 AMJun 26
to tunnelblick-discuss
Neither one! (At least, not specifically WIFIonICE.)

I suspect (from my understanding of what WIFIonICE is/does) is that the problem is that OpenVPN loses its connection and is unsuccessfully trying to reconnect thousands of times per second. That can sometimes be caused by a misconfiguration of OpenVPN, but not always.

The latest beta version of Tunnelblick has some changes that can mitigate this problem. Please try it. If the problem persists, please post the diagnostic info obtained by following the instructions at Read Before You Post.