Issue with Configuration file

Lord McKinley

Sep 8, 2023, 1:53:48 PM9/8/23
to tunnelblick-discuss
Good day to all,

My client is unable to connect to Tunnelblick and I have tried everything She was able to get on last week but not able to this week. She mentioned that she accidently deleted a bunch of files including her VPN configuration file.

I attempted to re-download the configuration and add it again but was not successful. The error reads "Tunnelblick could not find the configuration file or the configuration file could not be sanitized. See the Console Log for details."

I have done the following to troubleshoot:
-Reinstall tunnelblick and redownload the configuration file
-Referred to tunneblick site to troubleshoot
-Read a few forums to find solution

Does anyone know what I could do? Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
McKinley Adams

Tunnelblick developer

Sep 8, 2023, 2:02:01 PM9/8/23
to tunnelblick-discuss
Try this first: install Tunnelblick 3.8.8b from Tunnelblick's Deprecated Downloads page. Just install by double-clicking; it will keep all settings and configurations as they are.

If that doesn't work:
  1. Uninstall Tunnelblick using the "Uninstall" button on the "Utilities" panel of Tunnelblick's "VPN Details" page. All settings and configurations will be lost.
  2. Install Tunnelblick 3.8.8b from Tunnelblick's Deprecated Downloads page.
  3. Install configurations.
You could, before uninstalling in step 1 above, export settings and configurations, and then instead of step 3 above, import the exported settings and configurations. See Exporting and Importing Tunnelblick Setups for details.

michelle curran

Sep 12, 2023, 7:05:59 AM9/12/23
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
Please can you send configuration directions  for Mac Ventura 13.3
The directions we are getting are b\very confusing
Thank you
Michelle Curran

Tunnelblick developer

Sep 12, 2023, 7:09:20 AM9/12/23
to tunnelblick-discuss
michell...gmail.com: I don't know what you mean by "configuration directions", but the version of macOS you are using shouldn't matter unless you are installing Tunnelblick system extensions (kexts), which is unusual.

jona

Sep 21, 2023, 11:45:55 AM9/21/23
to tunnelblick-discuss
I'm having the exact same issue and tried the same steps.
I was running Tunnelblick_3.8.8d_build_5779 on Mac OS Version Ventura 13.1 (22C65)

After installing Tunnelblick_3.8.8b_build_5777 again I could import the config and connect to the VPN without any problem...