Incorrect versions of deprecated S/W on download page?

Michael Hopkins

Jun 11, 2024, 5:23:25 AMJun 11
to tunnelblick-discuss

Hi all

Here is an email that I sent to the webmaster at Tunnelblick yesterday but so far no response.  Any thoughts here please?

I downloaded deprecated versions of Tunnelblick for 'Mac 10.10 and higher' provided on your website here:

https://tunnelblick.net/downloadsDeprecated.html

https://tunnelblick.net/iprelease/Tunnelblick_4.0.0_build_5970.dmg

https://tunnelblick.net/iprelease/Tunnelblick_5.0.0beta02_build_6010.dmg

..but when I open them they are greyed out and clicking on them both says "this application needs 10.13 or later".  I am on 10.11.6 which is which I chose the deprecated/older downloads.

Am I doing something wrong or are incorrect versions hosted on these links?

Many thanks

Michael

Tunnelblick developer

Jun 11, 2024, 10:15:51 AMJun 11
to tunnelblick-discuss
Thank you very much for reporting this problem. (And for following up here when nobody responded to your email.*)

The "MacOS 10.10 and higher" heading was misleading; some of the downloads (the ones you linked to) were for 10.13 and higher. I've made changes that more clearly show which deprecated versions of Tunnelblick should be used on which old versions of macOS.

* Your email to the webmaster was not received; it was probably rejected by a spam filter. (Thanks for including the links, but they may have influenced the spam score.)

Michael Hopkins

Jun 11, 2024, 2:12:22 PMJun 11
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com, Tunnelblick developer

Thank you.