IP not changing

Kenan Bakir

Aug 18, 2021, 12:01:16 PM8/18/21
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
To whom this may concern,

I have been advised to contact you regarding my Tunnelblick VPN, which does not appear to be working, as when I 'connect' it, my IP address does not change. Can you please help me with this. I have gone through basic procedures of updating/ restarting my laptop, however this had no effect.

Kind Regards
Kenan

Tunnelblick developer

Aug 18, 2021, 12:12:13 PM8/18/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
Most VPNS are set up to change the IP address, but some are not.

So the first thing to find out is whether or not your VPN should cause the IP address to change. To do that you'll have to talk to whoever gave you your VPN configuration files to find out.

If your VPN isn't working the way it should, that's really the responsibility of whoever set up the VPN. But if you need more help from this discussion group, please follow the instructions in Read Before You Post.

Dick Schukraft

Aug 19, 2021, 9:27:29 PM8/19/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
I have the same issue.........

2021-08-19 21:11:24.482462 *Tunnelblick: Warning: DNS server address 192.168.2.1 is not a public IP address and is not being routed through the VPN.  How do I fix this. I have been trying for many days and still can't figure this out..........perhaps excess vpn is a better way based on my frustration.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dick

Tunnelblick developer

Aug 20, 2021, 9:01:14 AM8/20/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
Please post the diagnostic info obtained by following the instructions at Read Before You Post.

Heavy Breathing

Sep 2, 2021, 6:50:30 AM9/2/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
I have the same issue too. I use the Netgear Orbi mesh router. I looked into the Netgear community and a lot of ppl are having the same issue too so I suspect is the problem is on the Orbi VPN conf. My VPN conf from Orbi --> Tunnelblick allows me to connect to the printer and print a page, but when I went to ipchicken, my public IP didn't change at all. This is also confirmed by the log in TunnelBlick saying that my IP didnt' change. So I think a lot of users are having issue with the conf file that Netgear Orbi is providing.

I can't read these but please take a look and see if you have any idea why that's the case. INB4: For this set of conf, I have MADE SURE I selected that "all sites traffic and home network traffic" option was selected on my Orbi VPN settings. I also set up the DDNS per instructions found online.

client
dev tap
proto udp
sndbuf 393216
rcvbuf 393216
push "sndbuf 393216"
push "rcvbuf 393216"
remote xxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.xxx 12974
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
ca ca.crt
cert client.crt
key client.key
cipher xxx-xxx-xxx
comp-lzo
verb 0

Also, my TunnelBlick log says something like "your DNS is not a known public DNS etc. etc. etc.". But again, I can connect to my printer via my phone tether so the VPN DOES work, it's just the public IP not changing.