Mullvad reconnecting - But never connects

Gwen C

Feb 5, 2023, 5:23:16 AM2/5/23
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I’ve tried to follow the steps outlined to create a post but as soon as I start Tunnelblick it tries to reconnect and then I get a spinning wheel and it becomes unresponsive.
I’ve screen shotted what I can get before it crashes. Not sure if there is another way to get the logs?
I restarted and the issue persists.
Running Mac OS 10.13.6
Didn’t change any configurations, my VPN renewed and since it has been back Tunnelblick hasn’t worked. This has not happened in the past, so can’t figure out what could have changed.

Tunnelblick developer

Feb 5, 2023, 8:54:31 AM2/5/23
to tunnelblick-discuss
What may have changed is the Mullvad's server's domain name. Get a new configuration file from Mullvad which will have a different server name and install it into Tunnelblick.

To "fix" the spinning wheel problem, as soon as you launch Tunnelblick, click the Tunnelblick icon and select "Disconnect" right away.

(The spinning wheel is caused by OpenVPN logging it's effort to try to connec to the Mullvad servert (and failing) hundreds of thousands of times per second. Tunnelblick can't process log updates fast enough.)