Maybe we should create a our own Project.

Matthias Wieland

Nov 11, 2008, 9:45:03 PM11/11/08
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
The Tunnelblick-Project seems to be dead. But it looks like that 4-5
people here still active. And tunnelblick is not that complex. Maybe
we should create a our own Project to fix the Bugs...

Greedings,
Matthias

Eric Stresen-Reuter

Nov 11, 2008, 9:51:28 PM11/11/08
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
Or just pay $9 for ViscosityVPN for Mac. It's great and is just a nice
GUI around openvpn.

On Nov 11, 2008, at 9:45 PM, Matthias Wieland <mwie...@online.de>

Wilton

Nov 12, 2008, 12:42:42 AM11/12/08
to tunnelblick-discuss
Great idea. I just downloaded it, installed it, executed it, and it
recognized the fact that I had been using Tunnelblick, and claimed it
migrated my OpenVPN preferences, but...

IT JUST DOESN'T WORK.

When I click on the application, nothing happens. When I check to see
if there's an openvpn process running, there's not. When I try to
login to my datacenter, I can't.

Thanks for the advice, but you just wasted my time.

On Nov 11, 6:51 pm, Eric Stresen-Reuter <eri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Or just pay $9 for ViscosityVPN for Mac. It's great and is just a nice
> GUI around openvpn.
>
> On Nov 11, 2008, at 9:45 PM, Matthias Wieland <mwiel...@online.de>

James

Nov 12, 2008, 1:33:27 AM11/12/08
to tunnelblick-discuss
Give Viscosity an honest chance - there are a multitude of different
ways to configure OpenVPN, and so it will get caught up on some
configurations.

If you're used to the Tunnelblick way of doing things you can follow a
similar process to get Viscosity to use your config file:

1. Go to Your Home Folder->Library->Application Support->Viscosity-
>OpenVPN
2. Create a new folder with it's name being a number (e.g. "1", or if
1 is taken, "2", etc)
3. Copy your config file (from Your Home Folder->Library->openvpn)
into the new folder, along with any other needed certificate files,
etc
4. Rename your copied config file to "config.conf"
5. Reopen Viscosity

Yes, Viscosity isn't free, however it is fully supported and an active
project.

Cheers
James
Message has been deleted

wtip

Nov 13, 2008, 10:29:31 AM11/13/08
to tunnelblick-discuss
Or maybe we should create a donation pool.
Just because an application is open source doesn't mean people
shouldn't financially support the authors.
Does a PayPal account already exist?