Error after updating to Tunnelblick 3.8.6a stable version

werekorden

Sep 8, 2021, 7:58:58 AM9/8/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
Hi there.

After updating TB asked me for permission to change permissions for the program.

I put in my password and after that it says that installation or update takes to long. I can only click retry it or close. I can't get the program started.

Could you please help me?

Best,
Werek

Tunnelblick developer

Sep 8, 2021, 8:45:27 AM9/8/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
Please try the following:
  • Restart your computer.
  • Download a fresh copy of Tunnelblick 3.8.6a from the official Downloads page
  • Install it normally by double-clicking. That will update your copy of Tunnelblick without changing your configurations or settings.
If you have problems installing, please look at Problems Installing Tunnelblick.

werekorden

Sep 8, 2021, 10:51:33 AM9/8/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
Hi, I tried all the steps you mentioned here, and in the Link you described:1. no process was running nor OpenVPN nor Tunnelblick itself
2. I deactivated also LittleSnitch but it made no difference.
3. tried to install it by a double click as well as moving it into the application folder no changes.

The Problem started with the automatic update function within Tunnelblick.

Unfortunately always the same error occurs.

See screenshot.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-08 um 16.48.46.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-08 um 16.48.52.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-08 um 16.49.05.png

Tunnelblick developer

Sep 8, 2021, 12:41:58 PM9/8/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
Look at that to see what it says in Tunnelblick's installer log at /tmp/tunnelblick-installer-log.txt.

What version of macOS do you have?

werekorden

Sep 8, 2021, 12:48:38 PM9/8/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
HI,

I am using macOS 11.5.2
No log file was generated not if I try the double click installation nor the drag and drop installation.

Best,
Andreas

werekorden

Sep 8, 2021, 12:51:11 PM9/8/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
See terminal:
Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-08 um 18.49.08.png

werekorden

Sep 8, 2021, 4:34:45 PM9/8/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
figured out what the problem was. I change according to this tunnelblick homepage (https://tunnelblick.net/cSystemFolderNotSecure.html)  the /tmp folder permission. That crashed everything. This homepage helped me to fix the problem: