Got this error message. What do I need to do?

David Erickson

Sep 6, 2021, 2:42:53 PM9/6/21
to tunnelblick-discuss

“Failed to change owner & group on Tunelblick.app to match Tunnelblick.app with authorization.”

Thanks!

Tunnelblick developer

Sep 6, 2021, 4:08:34 PM9/6/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
There is a bug in Tunnelblick 3.8.6beta04 and 3.8.6beta05 that causes this when you try to update using Tunnelblick's update system. (There's a warning about this in the notice that a new version is available, but unfortunately we can't disable the "Update" button.)

You can download the latest beta version of Tunnelblick from the Downloads page, and install normally by double-clicking the Tunnelblick icon. That will replace your existing version with a version that does not have the problem, without disturbing your existing configurations or settings.

See this discussion group post for more details about the problem.