Torrents stopped downloading

JJ Graham

Feb 16, 2023, 7:46:18 AM2/16/23
to tunnelblick-discuss
Hello,

Hope you are well.

After the most recent update to 3.8.8 (build 5775), torrents have stopped downloading on my Mac. I am using Venture 13.2.1 and I use OpenVPN protocols. I have tried using different locations. The torrents start downloading for a bit and then stop completely.

I know it's something to do with my VPN because I tried to download a torrent without VPN and it was able to complete the download. The same download does not complete when using Tunnelblick.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tunnelblick developer

Feb 16, 2023, 9:22:05 AM2/16/23
to tunnelblick-discuss

You can install an earlier version of Tunnelblick from the Deprecated Downloads page. Your configurations and settings will be preserved.

New stable and beta releases are planned soon (later today, I hope) that should fix this problem on Apple Silicon Macs that do not have Rosetta installed.

Please report back if you are not using an Apple Silicon Macs or you do have Rosetta installed on it.

JJ Graham

Feb 16, 2023, 9:51:54 AM2/16/23
to tunnelblick-discuss
I am using M1 Silicon Chip. No Rosetta installed

JJ Graham

Feb 16, 2023, 9:58:21 AM2/16/23
to tunnelblick-discuss
Thanks for the suggestion for installing an earlier version. I tried version 3.8.7a (build 5770) but same issue. I think it might have to do with the latest Ventura update as well, as both that update and the Tunnelblick update happened at the same time

Tunnelblick developer

Feb 16, 2023, 1:28:38 PM2/16/23
to tunnelblick-discuss
Tunnelblick 3.8.8a and 4.0.0beta02 fix the issue with Apple Silicon Macs that don't have Rosetta installed.

JJ Graham

Feb 16, 2023, 9:34:43 PM2/16/23
to tunnelblick-discuss
So apparently it's not Tunnelblick but Transmission that was messing up. Installed the previous version and everything is working fine. I think this new Ventura update broke a lot of things. My Dropbox is not working well with the Spotlight and now this.

Thanks for all your help!