Problem with ,,

Christoph Warncke

Apr 24, 2021, 7:58:00 AM4/24/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
Hello,

my problem is that I uninstalled Tunnelblick one time and delete all of configuration. After that I install tunnelblick again and got the problem that I am connected with one or more VPN's (file attached). But I don't know how to fix that or where I can delete them because if I'm going to my wifi-settings there are no VPN's shown (file attached).

Thank you in advanced for your help!
Christoph
Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-24 um 13.47.58.png
Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-24 um 13.57.38.png

Tunnelblick developer

Apr 24, 2021, 8:37:37 AM4/24/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
About the screenshots:
  • Tunnelblick shows the "One or more VPNs are currently connected" message when it detects a program named "openvpn" that is running on your computer.

  • Some VPNs do not appear on the list of devices in System Preferences >> Network.
How did you uninstall Tunnelblick:
  • Did you use the built-in uninstaller or the stand-alone Uninstaller?
    or
  • Did you drag Tunnelblick from Applications to the Trash?

Christoph Warncke

Apr 24, 2021, 8:41:31 AM4/24/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
Thank you for your fast response!
I drag Tunnelblick from Applications to the trash and deleted that trash.
I didn't use a special program to uninstall.

Tunnelblick developer

Apr 24, 2021, 8:59:21 AM4/24/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
That doesn't completely uninstall Tunnelblick.

To proceed, you must "kill" the VPN that is connected. There's a button to do that in Tunnelblick, but you can't use that because you can't finish installing Tunnelblick (!).

To kill the VPN that is connected:
  1. Launch "Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor".
  2. Click "View", then "All Processes".
  3. Find a process named "openvpn" in the list and click on it so it is selected.
  4. Click on the button at the top with an "X".
  5. Click on "Quit"
  6. Wait a few seconds to make sure the process named "openvpn" disappeared from the list.
  • If the "openvpn" process is still on the list, repeat the above steps but in step 5 click on "Force Quit" instead of "Quit".
  • If the process has disappeared from the list, try installing Tunnelblick again.

Christoph Warncke

Apr 24, 2021, 9:27:24 AM4/24/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
There was no ,,openvpn'' in the list of activity monitor.

Tunnelblick developer

Apr 24, 2021, 12:41:43 PM4/24/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
If you're sure that you selected "All Processes", then try the following:
  1. Download a fresh copy of Tunnelblick from our Downloads page.
  2. Double-click the downloaded file to open it (if your browser didn't do that automatically)
  3. Drag the Tunnelblick icon from Finder window that pops up into your /Applications folder
  4. Double-click /Applications/Tunnelblick
You'll be asked to "secure" Tunnelblick, which should work even if there is an active VPN.

Christoph Warncke

Apr 26, 2021, 4:46:50 AM4/26/21
to tunnelblick-discuss
It doesn't work either.

Is it possible that you switch on my computer to help me with this problem?

I don't know if we can fix it only with writing and trying.

Please let me know because I have to write my bachelor thesis.

Thank you!