Skip or Ignore Duplicate Entry

Jan Daryl Yap

Jul 12, 2019, 2:21:19 AM7/12/19
to Tungsten Replicator Discuss
I have  more than 40000 sequence number that is duplicate. What i did was i manually sync database via toad. Then this happened, Is there a way to ignore duplicate entry? So i don't have to manually skip sequence number.

Thank you so much for your help.

Jan Daryl Yap

Jul 12, 2019, 2:50:08 AM7/12/19
to Tungsten Replicator Discuss
How to skip automatically the sequence number that contains duplicate entry error.

Chris Parker

Jul 12, 2019, 5:29:51 AM7/12/19
to Tungsten Replicator Discuss
Hi,

There isn’t an easy way to do this, you can skip ranges of sequences but you would have to assume that all offending duplicates are consecutive sequences as this could potentially result in skipping valid transactions.

Another option would be to write a simple shell script which parses the output of trepctl status, capture status and seqno and if you get OFFLINE:ERROR status, issue the skip-seqno - run this in a loop and leave it going until you think you are past the duplicates.

There is a Task logged to implement this feature in a future release of the commercial replicator.  If you would like more information about that then please keep an eye on our website and blog articles for more information

Thanks
Chris