RefPerSys & Maru

Basile Starynkevitch

Mar 18, 2021, 3:17:28 AM3/18/21
to Attila Lendvai, tunes-...@googlegroups.com

On 3/15/21 5:21 PM, Attila Lendvai wrote:
dear list,

FYI, i've been doing some work on Maru recently, making it at the very least much more approachable.

Interesting work.

You might enjoy reading the last book of the director of my PhD thesis (defended in 1990 in Paris), the late Jacques Pitrat (1934-oct.2019):

Artificial Beings: the Conscience of a Conscious Machine

ISBN-13: 978-1848211018

With several other people, I am trying to re-implement most of these ideas in the RefPerSys open source software (currently a serious hobby).

See source code (for Linux) on https://github.com/RefPerSys/RefPerSys and more information on our http://refpersys.org/ website.

Perhaps you might have some students/friends interested in contributing to RefPerSys?

RefPerSys is a hobby (serious, but currently unfunded) project done with several partners (some of them in India).

Perhaps you are aware of a potential funding (ITEA, HorizonEurope) possibility for that open source software? Perhaps you might have students interested in contributing to it? Or serious applications?

Regards

--
Basile Starynkevitch                  <bas...@starynkevitch.net>
(only mine opinions / les opinions sont miennes uniquement)

Attila Lendvai

Mar 23, 2021, 5:06:44 AM3/23/21
to Basile Starynkevitch, tunes-...@googlegroups.com

[...]

a cursory look suggests that there's a sizable overlap. i found interesting content in the documents where i looked, especially regarding my special interest in bootstrapping (modulo the intros tailored for government grant applications... ;) ).

very interesting, i'll keep digging. i also added a link to the Maru readme in the relevant projects section.

thank you!

- attila