Not a complete theme

Geo Neo

Feb 6, 2014, 6:35:13 AM2/6/14
to tumblr...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I am new to the custom tumblr theme thing. After my first monstrosity of a theme I think I went back and started my second theme from scratch.

My second theme (which I believed to be tip top) was rejected stating, "Not a complete theme". After it was rejected the share link disappeared and if I go to edit it, once I click submit I'm re-directed to a 404 page. The theme has basically been taken off.

Prior to the rejection I shared a link on my blog and it was getting quite a few installs. So it would be a shame not to have it available. I do not know what is "incomplete" about it. It has more than my first theme, and that got rejected for aesthetic reasons. I do not want to simply submit a "new" theme only to be rejected again in the same way.

Thanks, Geo.

Gerdus van Zyl

Feb 6, 2014, 1:00:39 PM2/6/14
to tumblr...@googlegroups.com
Just a guess but your theme needs to support ALL post types (see the theme docs) per the requirements on https://www.tumblr.com/themes/new
You can always distribute your themes by giving instruction how to manually install your theme.

Gerdus van Zyl
http://about.me/gerdus

Geo Neo

Feb 7, 2014, 6:24:58 AM2/7/14
to tumblr...@googlegroups.com
Hey Gerdus,

Thanks for your response. My theme currently has the following post types: Text, Photo, Photoset, Panorama, Video, Audio, Quote, Link, Chat, Answer - Have I missed any? I realised it does not have a Tags page, is this a factor?

I have set up a GitHub and will host the revised theme there, but the ease of installation is somewhat lost.

Geo.

Patricia Carvalho

Feb 26, 2014, 3:11:03 AM2/26/14
to tumblr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Geo,

Are you supporting Pages as well? You should check it out.

--
Patricia Carvalho

Quentin Engles

Mar 20, 2014, 3:22:25 AM3/20/14
to tumblr...@googlegroups.com
What happened. I've been creating my first theme so I'd be interested to know how your situation went.

Did you try to resubmit it.